Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sorry, this blog was locked down for a while ...

A week or so ago, I went to post something on here and I got a message saying my blog was locked because it had been suspected of being used as a SPAM blog, or something like that ... I had to get it cleared. I suspect this had to do with a weird, code-like looking comment I got to one of my posts ... until I have enough time to figure out how to moderate my comments I've disabled the comments section for the time being ...

Anyway, there's some big news relating to the congressional district in San Francisco that doesn't appear to be getting any coverage at all -- not only was Cindy Sheehan, the most recognized peace activist in the country, arrested at Congressman Conyers's D.C. office yesterday, she has announced that she'll be running against San Franciscan congresswoman and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi [ http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/072407F.shtml ].

Amazingly, I can't find anything about this on the SF Chronicle right off-hand ... the front page story appears to be a hit-piece on the homeless, and how they are ruining Golden Gate Park. (This is ridiculous, BTW. I've lived in scores of places in the last couple of decades, and Golden Gate Park is the grandest, most beautiful city park I've ever seen.)

Anyway, I'd like to share some interesting articles and internet items I've come across recently:

Paul Craig Roberts: "Impeach Now -- or Face the End of Constitutional Democracy"
http://www.911blogger.com/node/10017
A must-read article by a noted conservative about why impeachment is absolutely necessary.

September 11: See and Hear For Yourself
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2007/07/362502.shtml
A valuable archive of first-hand audiovisual resources on the events of September 11.

The Whitehouse Coup
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/document/document.shtml
A BBC radio program about a fascist coup plot in 1933 -- backed by right-wing American businessmen (including Prescott Bush) and foiled by General Smedley Butler (author of "War is a Racket").

No comments: