Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Hopeful Intermission

I've been fairly cranky lately, it's seems like I'm allergic to something out there ... maybe it's just the endless lies and junky crap on the TV, maybe it's all this talk about Anthony Weiner, maybe it's all this worry about radiation and designer viruses and useless politicians and waiting for the other shoe to drop on the economy ... my eyes have been swollen for days, I've been having a hard time breathing and I've got a metallic taste in my mouth (Is it radiation? Is it Corexit water? Is it lithium? God only knows these days!).

So, here's a refreshing ray of hope I got from one of the comments on Visible Origami. Enjoy!



Peace Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

3 comments:

Peter of Lone Tree said...

!

Word Verification: "trugh"
(Not rough; smooth)

Noor al Haqiqa said...

Thank you for this posting.

I was mesmerized with the beauty of it all. These are things we know in our heart of hearts. Many years ago I was taught to harness my thoughts because of their power, some people are very sensitive to such things, some forget and must be reminded, some need to be taught.

At this moment I am feeling my vibratory level has lifted somewhat and my whole being feels lighter.

I must share this post with my readers and I thank the reader who sent me this link from the bottom of my heart.

Once again, thank you.

Jody Paulson said...

Noor al Haqiqa -- I'm just passing along stuff that has resonates positively with me ... love your blog by the way! :)